Backdating job seekers allowance claim

If for some reason you become unemployed and do not claim benefits, you can claim them later.

However, you must provide a reason that is acceptable to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) standards.

Provide a reason as to why you failed to claim your benefits.

Some of the eligible reasons include: language barriers; or, you feel you were given the wrong information in the jobcentre, which led you to believe you would not be able to claim.

UK website has a secure service for claiming Jobseeker's Allowance online.

You can use it to start a new application or return to a saved application.

Make a claim for Jobseekers Allowance either on the phone by calling 0800 055 66 88 or online by going to uk.

Fw-300 .qstn-title #ya-trending-questions-show-more, #ya-related-questions-show-more #ya-trending-questions-more, #ya-related-questions-more /* DMROS */ .As a rule, you must now ask for a mandatory reconsideration before making any appeal.You can also complain about the service you get from any of the Department for Work and Pensions organisations.You will need to provide evidence that the national insurance number belongs to you.The number was originally provided on a card; if you have this, bring it, or if not, you can find the number on an old payslip.

Leave a Reply